Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Malmö & Brussels

May 21 & 22, 2018

After an overnight flight to Copenhagen, I had a 7 hour layover before my connection to Brussels. I saw a train map for southern Sweden (across the bridge) and grabbed a train to Trelleborg, which is a small with a big ferry port. It was a pleasant town with lots of sculptures. On the way back to Copenhagen Airport, I stopped in Malmö, a larger city just across the strait from Denmark and had a nice walk in Kungsparken (King's Park).

I had an overnight stay in Brussels, which is a pleasant city. The day flight on the following day (May 22) took me directly from Brussels to Kigali, Rwanda (1). The highlight of the flight was my first view of the Nile (albeit from 39,000 feet). 

(1) Belgium was the former colonial power in Rwanda, hence the non-stop flight. 

Canola (rape-seed) fields, Southern Sweden
Sculptures, Trelleborg
Bridge, Malmö
Flowering tree in Kungsparken, Malmö
Brussels City Museum
Grand Place, Brussels
Brussels street scene

No comments:

Post a Comment