Sunday, August 28, 2022

Lake Lugano

August 27, 2022

Lugano is a short train ride south of Bellinzona. I had found a place online to rent kayaks and planned to paddle across Lake Lugano to Campione, an Italian enclave. Upon arrival at Lake Lugano, we found a place that rented stand-up paddleboards (SUPs), who told us the kayak place was gone. They tried to find us somewhere else on the lake to rent kayaks with no luck, so we rented SUPs instead. 

While fun to poke about in, SUPs are not actually useful for going anywhere. I tried kneeling with limited success, so I sat, then lied down on my stomach. Emboldened by my wife's success at doing so, I attempted to stand up; the water in the lake was very refreshing and I'm sure some fish with impaired vision deep in the lake finds my glasses useful. After returning the SUPs, I put a comb through my snarled, wet hair. "Ready for the disco!" the rental guy said.

A few thunderstorms had cleared up by late in the day. Toward sunset, we took the funicular up Mont San Salvador to watch the sunset over the foothills of the Alps.
At Lugano
What to do with old Fiat 500?
Make a Gelato stand.
Campione, Italy surrounded by Switzerland
Up the funicular
Sunset over the foothills of the Alps

No comments:

Post a Comment